Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recipe Wednesday- Get Healthy Energy Shake

If you have been working toward getting healthy as long as I have, you have probably found food and recipes that have worked well for you. I have found that the longer I work toward getting healthy, the more I experiment with the food that I eat. I do this for many reasons. One is to make my favorite foods more healthy and add more nutrients into my diet. Another is simply to get more variety into my diet. So I decided that I would share some of the things that I have found and created over the last year. These have helped me be successful in my weight loss journey while creating healthy habits that I hope to continue now that I have reached my goal weight.

This first recipe is a creation of my own. This is what I have every morning for breakfast. It is high in antioxidants, amino acids, nutrients and protein. It is the perfect kick off to the day and gives me sustainable energy throughout the morning. There are some ingredients in this smoothie that everyone may not feel like they need but I use each one for a specific reason. Experiment with the ingredients and see what you like best. This is what I came up with.

Get Healthy Energy Shake


Ingredients

1 banana
1 scoop vanilla ToppFast Protein Powder (pg 6)
1 oz Saba Borojo Juice
1/2 cup Aloe Vera Juice
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen mangoes
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth. Enjoy

The banana is important. It contains potassium and other nutrients that your body needs. The other two fruits can be adjusted. I use blueberries and mangoes because of the amount of nutrients and antioxidants that they contain but if you don't like them you could use strawberries and pineapple or any other combination that you choose.

The Protein Powder is important to get your body going and burning fat.

The Borojo Juice contains amino acids which help your body burn fat and also help with energy.

I use the Aloe Vera Juice because it is good for digestion and I had a perforated ulcer a few years ago and I DO NOT want that again! I use the straight juice but you can get it in different flavors if you want to add more taste to your shake.

The Apple Cider Vinegar also helps with digestion as well as fat burning. As a bonus- it is also great for your complexion! The Apple Cider Vinegar must be organic with the "mother", which is the pulp that the cider is made from. Make sure it states "with the mother". Sometimes you can find it at a health store but I use the type found in the link above.

I hope you enjoy this segment of my blog. Let me know what you think of  my smoothie. I would love to hear what healthy recipes have helped you become successful. Please share!


No comments: